About this course
There are 4 key pillars of photography and you need to master each of them to become a better photographer. They are
1. Understanding your subject
2. Understanding the core fundamental concepts of photography
3. Understanding your equipment and shooting technique
4. Post Processing
You may make the best image out of the camera using the 3 pillars of photography, but if you cannot present them to the viewers appropriately, then it all falls apart.
That’s where the importance of post processing comes into picture. The cameras have limitations and may not be able to represent the final image the way you had seen it. Or for that matter you may want to get better colours and contrast from the original image.
Also, to process the image in a correct manner it is important to understand about colour management. The various ICC Profiles and monitor calibration so that the correct colours are seen across different devices.
We have different formats of image for shooting – RAW and JPEG. Based on which one you choose, the processing of that file / image will be a bit different. Of course, shooting in RAW mode is what is always recommended to take the full advantage of the power of the RAW files.
We will be exploring all the above aspects of post processing as a part of this course.
Who should take this course
If you are a beginner in digital photography and want to understand how to process your RAW files right from scratch, then this is the perfect course for you.
You need not have any prior experience in using photoshop or Adobe Camera RAW. We assume you are a total beginner when it comes to post production of your images and take you through every single aspect.
What you’ll learn
Once you go through course, you will have a very good understanding of the below aspects:
- The first step in post processing is to understand about colour management. You will be taught about monitor calibration, primary colours of Red, Green and Blue and how it is part of the image pixels, colour wheel and ICC profiles.
- You will know how to use Adobe Bridge and use it for filtering your images and shortlisting for processing.
- You will learn the complete workshop of processing the RAW file and finally taking it to photoshop and complete the processing.
- You will learn the various basic image corrections like Shadow, highlights, image cropping and resize, levels adjustment, how to apply the correct amount of sharpness to an image, apply noise reduction and finally saving it for social media or for print.
Please download the exercise files for this course here.