About this course
Bird photography is a fascinating area of wildlife photography and is one of the toughest when it comes to making pleasing images.
Based on my 25+ years of experience, the main issues I have noticed is that no lens is long enough when it comes to bird photography. Also for that matter shooting those small birds which are constantly moving is not easy.
I have penned down all my years of experience of doing bird photography into this practical field guide where I take you through each of the challenging aspects and address them one at a time.
I will also be covering the various technical aspects related to camera setting and composition which is the key to create wow images.
Who should take this course
If you are a beginner in photography and want to explore the fascinating world of bird photography from basic to advanced level, no matter what equipment you have – Then this is the right course for you.
There is no need to have a long tele lens to do bird photography. You can get started with a beginners lens like the 75-300 (though 400mm and above on a crop factor body is preferred).
What you’ll learn
This course has been designed as a complete guide to bird photography. Thanks to his considerable knowledge and experience, Sudhir will take you through every aspect of this topic.
- The tutorial starts with an introduction on bird photography and then addresses the subject of its ideal equipment.
- All the technical issues related to this kind of photography are here covered. Camera settings, shooting mode, white balance as well as exposure and metering are talked about in a very exhaustive way.
- This is where you’ll learn how to achieve the best results in action shots, low-light conditions and backlit subjects. You will be able to understand the exposure triangle and how to calculate its parameters.
- One of the pillars of wildlife photography is the understanding of subject behavior. In this guide you’ll learn through practical examples how to get amazing shots by using this knowledge.
- You will then be taken through the details pertaining to focusing modes, autofocus and back button focus.
- A whole lesson concentrates on what the most efficient shooting techniques for bird photography are and how to master them.
- You will also learn how to achieve the best composition in different scenarios as well as how to pre-visualize the images you want to take.
- Throughout the course, Sudhir will demonstrate how to apply these concepts on practical examples directly from the field.