While Kabini plays the perfect host for your tryst with the tiger, it also serves up delectable doses of the tiger’s more lithe and agile cousins – the leopard and panther. These otherwise elusive cats have a habit of regularly regaling wildlife buffs at Kabini – the leopard being the leitmotif with cameo appearances by the panther. However, no description of this spectacular South Indian habitat is complete without mention of the gentle giants – the elephants. Acutely aware of your presence, yet perfectly unperturbed, these pachyderms are the epitome of strength, grace, and dignity.
To sum it up, Kabini’s lush environs are profusely rich in subjects giving you plentiful opportunity to experiment with a variety of angles, settings, and shots.
> Bangalore Airport
> Bangalore Rly Stn
> Mysore Rly Stn
Reach Bangalore by 6:30 am on day 1 of workshop or previous day
Book any flight after 7:00 pm on last day of workshop
We will coordinate
with you for
2 camera bodies
any wide angle lens
Long tele of 500mm or 600mm
2 nights/3 days
@Jungle Lodges and Resorts
Check-in: 12 pm (day 1 of workshop)
Check-out: 11 am (last day of workshop)
Total safaris - 4
AM: 6:30 to 9:15
PM: 3:30 to 6:15
Max temp: 30°C
Min temp: 16°C
Arrive at Jungle Lodges & Resorts, Kabini by noon.
Wake-up call with coffee/ tea followed by safari at 6:00 am.
Wake-up call with coffee/ tea followed by safari at 6:00 am.
Before the Workshop
We will ask you for:
– some basic information about your equipment
– your photos/portfolio
– your expectations from the workshop
Based on this, Sudhir will chart out best practices for your set of equipment. He will review the images and judge the areas that need working on.
Communicating your expectations beforehand will ensure that Sudhir addresses them during individual interactions with you.
During the Workshop
– Sudhir will demonstrate the best way to approach and shoot the subjects and give deeper insights on their behavioural aspects.
– He will introduce the advanced custom function settings of your camera. A firm understanding of these settings will be your first step toward shooting like a pro.
– In the park, he will continually guide you based on the field conditions and subjects.
– Knowledge sharing and image review will continue through the evenings as Sudhir interacts with you with focused inputs to reinforce the day’s learning.
– You will have assignments to complete, giving you ample scope to assimilate and apply all that you have learnt.
*For a detailed list of the topics covered, please scroll down.
After the Workshop
Your pursuit of photography knowledge doesn’t end with the workshop. The SSP Community is your gateway to continued learning and interaction, apart from being the ideal platform to showcase your best images. In addition to image review and critique by Sudhir and his team, you also gain the perfect peer group interaction to grow as a photographer. Theme-based assignments, healthy discussions, candid feedback, equipment reviews and resale are the other great perks of being part of this community.
*The below topics will be covered and the participants will learn how to apply these concepts in wildlife photography.
– Manual and autofocus (focusing points, autofocus lock, single or continuous focus)
– Manual exposure (ISO, shutter speeds, f/ stops and the light meter)
– Metering modes (evaluative, matrix, spot metering)
– Depth of field (shallow, deep, hyper focal distance)
– Motion (freezing, blurring and panning)
– Picture styles / picture control (colour, black and white, sepia etc…)
– Aperture priority, shutter speed priority, Manual exposure and other program modes
– In-depth coverage of Spot Metering, Evaluative / Matrix Metering, Partial Metering and Centre-Weighted Average
– Understanding exposure – the 18% concept
– White balance (pre-set and custom)
– Different kind of outdoor lighting and how to study / make use of it.
– Composition (framing)
– Elements of design (seeing v/s looking)
– Lenses and perspective (the right choice of focal length)
– Completing the story
INR 29,750/- (plus 5% GST)
* Price is per person, on double occupancy basis for Indian Nationals.
* Please contact us for foreign national costing.
– All costs are ex-Jungle Lodges & Resorts
– Stay with all meals for 2 nights/3 days at Jungle Lodges & Resorts
– All safaris
– Any other services, meals or beverages not mentioned in the above “Inclusions” section.
– Driver/guide/resort-staff tip amount of around INR 500-700 per participant.
Jungle Lodges and Resorts, Kabini
Named after the River Kabini, the River Kabini Lodge beckons with the promise of elephants, gaur, deer and a rumour of tiger. Located on the southern fringes of the Nagarahole National Park (Rajiv Gandhi National Park) , this former hunting lodge of the erstwhile Maharaja of Mysore was rated as One of the Top 5 Wildlife Resorts in the World by the British Tatler’s Travel Guide. A sprawling colonial estate in the heart of elephant country, the River Kabini Lodge echoes with the call of the wild.
75% fee to be refunded if cancellation is done 45 days prior to the event.
No refund if cancellation is done between 0-45 days of the event.
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
Reviews and Testimonials from SSP Students
I have been with Sudhir on many Photo tours. As a Woman traveller, I find Sudhir's Photo tours extremely safe and professional. The stay is very comfortable. The drivers and guides that cater to our safari tours are very knowledgable and know the forests and its animals well. The drivers and Guides are chosen by Sudhir personally to ensure the best experience to his tour participants. The...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Sudhir's photo tours are very carefully designed with a perfect balance of both theoretical and practical aspects of photography. The workshops are very interactive and Sudhir is always available to answer the questions patiently from the participants. He ensures that he accompanies all the participants equally during the safaris. To ensure best sightings and photo opportunities, Sudhir engages the best and most experienced drivers and guides at the parks. During...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Sudhir brings a very effective blend of passion and skills to the table and helps you uncover new facets of yourself in every session. His understanding that there really is no magical “one size fits all” approach to teaching enables him to adapt and switch gears as required to get the results you are after. Sudhir has been an invaluable asset in helping me nurture my understanding of wildlife and...
Do you want to be one of the first to know about our events, discounts and new content?