Venue: Nature's Nest, Tambdi Surla, Goa
Date: 10-13th May, 2018
10-13th May, 2018
Before the Workshop
We will ask you for:
– some basic information about your equipment
– your photos/portfolio
– your expectations from the workshop
Based on this, Sudhir will chart out best practices for your set of equipment. He will review the images and judge the areas that need working on.
Communicating your expectations beforehand will ensure that Sudhir addresses them during individual interactions with you.
During the Workshop
– Sudhir will demonstrate the best way to approach and shoot the subjects and give deeper insights on their behavioural aspects.
– He will introduce the advanced custom function settings of your camera. A firm understanding of these settings will be your first step toward shooting like a pro.
– In the park, he will continually guide you based on the field conditions and subjects.
– Knowledge sharing and image review will continue through the evenings as Sudhir interacts with you with focused inputs to reinforce the day’s learning.
– You will have assignments to complete, giving you ample scope to assimilate and apply all that you have learnt.
*For a detailed list of the topics covered, please scroll down.
After the Workshop
Your pursuit of photography knowledge doesn’t end with the workshop. The SSP Community is your gateway to continued learning and interaction, apart from being the ideal platform to showcase your best images. In addition to image review and critique by Sudhir and his team, you also gain the perfect peer group interaction to grow as a photographer. Theme-based assignments, healthy discussions, candid feedback, equipment reviews and resale are the other great perks of being part of this community.
*The below topics will be covered and the participants will learn how to apply these concepts in wildlife photography.
– Manual and autofocus (focusing points, autofocus lock, single or continuous focus)
– Manual exposure (ISO, shutter speeds, f/ stops and the light meter)
– Metering modes (evaluative, matrix, spot metering)
– Depth of field (shallow, deep, hyper focal distance)
– Motion (freezing, blurring and panning)
– Picture styles / picture control (colour, black and white, sepia etc…)
– Aperture priority, shutter speed priority, Manual exposure and other program modes
– In-depth coverage of Spot Metering, Evaluative / Matrix Metering, Partial Metering and Centre-Weighted Average
– Understanding exposure – the 18% concept
– White balance (pre-set and custom)
– Different kind of outdoor lighting and how to study / make use of it.
– Composition (framing)
– Elements of design (seeing v/s looking)
– Lenses and perspective (the right choice of focal length)
– Completing the story
During the course of the workshop, you will be taken through the fundamentals of image processing, and the following topics will be covered:
– Colour management policies (colour settings, working space, ICC profiles etc.)
– Working with RAW files
– Cropping and image editing
– Levels, curves, contrast, saturation adjustments
– Image sharpening, cloning, dodge and burn
– Noise reduction
– Advance concepts of targeted adjustments using masking and layers technique
– Saving for web/ printing
Your quest for the perfect holiday ends here. Gear up for a Goan summer this May. Gift your children unique experiences that engage them at different levels.
Allow them to roam freely in the lap of nature as they soak up the sun, the sights and the sounds.
Watch lovingly, as they play games that incorporate lessons about our natural world.
Beam proudly, as they show you their near-perfect clicks.
The perfect mix of travel, fun and learning – this is one trip you shouldn’t miss!
*The target age group for kids is 7 to 14 years. But do tell us if your little one or not-so-little one is on either side of this age bracket. If you strongly feel they should tag along, we would be happy to accommodate. For, after all, mom & dad know best!!
Mom ‘OR’ Dad with one kid : INR 42,500+ 5%GST
Mom ‘AND’ Dad with one kid : INR 54,000 + 5% GST
Mom ‘AND’ Dad with two Kids (in 1 cottage) : INR 61,500 + 5% GST
> Accommodation and all meals for 3 nights/4 days at Nature’s Nest
(This includes packed breakfast during morning birding.)
> Full-day guide charges at all parks
> Entry and safari charges for all parks
> Two mineral water bottles per day
> One boat safari – river Zuari
Nature’s Nest, Tambdi Surla, Goa
Nature’s Nest is a nature resort based in the Western Ghats of Goa. Set amid lush greenery, it is a hop, skip and jump away from the Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary. The property boasts of all amenities to make your stay comfortable. The cottages are designed to give complete privacy while offering splendid views of the verdant surrounding. The perfect place for a restful night’s sleep after a full day of intense birding and photography.
80% fee to be refunded if cancellation is done 45 days prior to the event
50% fee to be refunded if cancellation is done between 30-45 days of the event
25% fee to be refunded if cancellation is done between 15-30 days of the event
No refund is cancellation is done between 0-15 days of the event.
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculating cancellation charges.